Bleep Virus Removal
- Learn about this virus before attempting to remove it. Bleep attempts to trick you into thinking your computer is infectious by generating a false Microsoft Security Alert that claims an "unknown/Win 32 Trojan" virus is in your system and encourages you to install one of the following fake antivirus programs: Red Cross Antivirus, Peak Protection 2010, Pest Detector 4.1, Major Defense Kit, and AntiSpy Safeguard. During the phony scan, only these five malware programs will express that your computer is infected. The objective is to convince you to do the expected: click on the Free Install button. However, doing so will install the rogue program, reboot the computer, and activate the virus.
- Download RKill from Bleepingcomputer.com and run the program to disable the active virus. If the virus causes RKill to shut down, download the same software under the names iExplore.exe or eXplorer.exe and run it. It is unlikely that the virus will look for and block these versions. When RKill has terminated the virus, the black window RKill initially opened will close.
- Clean and protect your machine with an anti-malware product. Download a free copy of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from the Malwarebytes.org website. Be sure to add a desktop shortcut for this program during the download process
- Terminate all running programs and close all windows. Click on the Malwarebytes' shortcut on your desktop to install the program. As the program installs, ensure that the "Launch" and "Update" boxes remain ticked. A window will display the installer's advance as it runs; this step may take several minutes.
- Reboot your computer, if requested. Click "OK" on the first message after the program starts. You will be affected to indicate whether you want to run a scan. Be sure that "Full Scan" is selected before you click the "Scan" button.
- Review the program output to see a list of malware detected on your system. The list may include one or more files related to "Trojan.Fake Alert". Select all files shown in this window and click the "Remove Selected" bar on the bottom left to finished the procedure. The bleeping virus has been removed from your computer.